Welcome to the PHX East Valley—a region with approximately 400,000 residents 30 years ago, 1.4 million residents now, and another million on the way. In support of promoting our region on a national level, each year we compile and publish an Economic Profile and Asset Map.
The Economic Profile provides information that can help PHX East Valley ambassadors—those who live and work in our region—as they talk to others as well as businesses looking to relocate their business operations or start a business in our thriving communities.
The message we share is simple: where we live is a great place to receive a quality education, experience excellent career opportunities, raise a family, enjoy single living and retire. We note that it does not hurt to mention that we have over 300 sunny days a year with an average winter temperature of 68 degrees.
As a region, we have a reputation for having a highly educated and skilled workforce. Estimates show that with another million residents coming to our region that will call PHX East Valley their home, 400,000 new jobs will be created in the next 30 years.
The Economic Profile (available for download below) highlights some of our most recent national recognition’s:
- Gilbert named most prosperous city in the U.S.
- Chandler is noted as the 7th best city for jobs
- Mesa is known as a “Best Big City” in the Southwest
- Apache Junction is one of the top places to retire in the Nation
- Tempe as the 7th most affordable top tech town
- Queen Creek is identified as a top place for young professionals.
When businesses outside of Arizona considers our region, they observe several advantages:
- Business costs are approximately 40 percent lower than those of neighboring California
- 33.6 million square feet of shovel-ready property is available
- Corporate income taxes are low, as are individual income taxes
- Compared to neighboring states, cost of living is lower, utility rates are lower and median household income is higher
Businesses appreciate our regional emphasis on transportation infrastructure, shortening commutes and education. The PHX East Valley is the location of our “Nation’s Most Innovative University,” Arizona State University, along with many other outstanding higher-education institutions. There is a strong emphasis on business promotion and support of STEM education. World-class incubators and accelerators are available to support our local entrepreneurs.
On a lifestyle note; PHX East Valley offers a quality of life that provides hiking, boating, fishing and outdoor fun within short distances from our work areas and homes. We have fabulous facilities to enjoy that promote the arts and we are the Spring Training home to the 2016 World Series Champions — Chicago Cubs as well as the Oakland A’s, Los Angeles Angels, Diamondbacks and others.
PHX East Valley is a dynamic region of the southwestern United States that has experienced tremendous growth, and through thoughtful planning and collaboration we have a vibrant economy with regional assets such as a highly skilled workforce, robust infrastructure, world-class education, diverse real estate and ideal climate.
We invite you to study the 2018 Economic Profile & Asset Map by downloading below to learn more about our thriving region.